Our medical centre is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all patients and staff. We are here to help and have temporarily changed our service model to better manage your healthcare needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you are worried about symptoms of COVID-19 or any other type of health problem our GPs are still on hand to help. We encourage you to continue consulting your regular GP for any health matter.
Telehealth phone appointments are now available.
Telehealth consultations will help you access non-urgent but essential healthcare from your home. This will support social (physical) distancing, quarantine and self-isolation policies to reduce your risk of COVID-19 exposure and spread. Refer to this MBS Telehealth Fact Sheet or the RACGP Fact Sheet for more information.
Our GPs are currently offering Telehealth consultations via 15-minute phone appointments. Please note calls from your GP may come from a Private Number (No Caller ID). Your GP will call you as close as possible to your Telehealth appointment time. Make sure your phone is charged and that you are available to take the call in a quiet and private place. Your consent and identity will be confirmed by your GP before your consultation begins.
Common conditions appropriate for a Telehealth phone consultation include:
- Referral letters
- Medical certificates
- Discussing test results
- Repeat prescription medication
- Repeat pathology investigations
- Minor illness which can be managed at home
- Routine PrEP and asymptomatic STI screening
- Mental health consultations including mental health care plans and psychology referrals
- Management of chronic conditions like diabetes, asthma, COPD, blood pressure and heart disease
- Non-life threatening respiratory illness eg: fever, flu-like symptoms including cough, sore throat, muscles aches and/or fatigue
- All COVID-19 related questions including screening and testing eligibility
Your GP will discuss with you the most appropriate course of care and if a clinical face-to-face appointment at the medical centre is needed.
Refer to our Patient Information section on our website regarding fees for this service.
For the latest information about COVID-19 refer to our website here.